Yep, here it is. The last minute and you don’t have a gift for someone. Never fear, we have a few ideas of gifts you can get someone that you can send by email or print out and tuck into a card.
Hacker’s Choice Gift Card
If you’re not exactly sure what your hacker needs, an ACE Hackware gift card is perfect. Choose the denomination that makes sense for you and boom! you’re done!
Amazon Prime Membership
Most people get Amazon Prime for the free 2-day shipping, but it has many other benefits including:
- Prime Instant Video: unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes for paid or free trial members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- Prime Music: unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than a million songs for members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- Prime Photos: Secure unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive.
- Kindle Owners' Lending Library: access to members in the U.S.
- Membership Sharing: Prime members may invite up to four eligible household members living at the same address to enjoy the shipping benefits of a paid Prime membership at no extra cost.
Totally worth it, especially if the recipient is kicking their cable company to the curb in the new year.
Give the gift of bitcoin! P.S. ACE Hackware takes bitcoin as payment.
Donation to Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
The EFF does important work defending civil liberties in the digital world. Make a donation in your friend’s name before the end of the year to help EFF get a $10,000 challenge grant.
Best of luck with your last minute gifts, enjoy your holidays, and have a Happy New Year!